Writer Submission: The Computer: The Useless: A Sonnet

I couldn't resist including a bizarre amount of colons in the title of this post... Here we have a writer submission from Kevin Megill based on episode 2, "The Computer: The Useless." Enjoy!

Ah, Marie! You are an angel twice!
Acting; also who you are to me.
I captured every second, horribly,
As the lorry slid across the ice,
Toppling, rolling one time, two times, thrice.
Useless automated CAV!
Computer navigating pointlessly,
But it was you who paid the heavy price!
And I! – I boldly seized my chance to land
A blow against the growing robot craze,
To upload malware to the lorry -- and
The hubris-wreckage lies before my gaze.
I’ve ended so much more than I had planned.
So who is useless now? And now who pays?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listener Submission: Chapter 3 of An Unbreakable Radio Cypher (Etc.)

Tyler (Episode 23) Transcript

Eve (Episode 24) Transcript